In my freshman year of college, I did a group project my Animation 2 class where we co-wrote a story set in film noir style. It was a story about a detective who was forced to take a case that reminded him of his past. My part on the group animation was to show the memories of the detective and his late wife.
For my Motion Graphics 2 class final project (where we had to create a title sequence), I decided to revisit and use the detective story. Only this time, I focused less on the story and more on creating a good title sequence.
For the aesthetics and ink splat effects, I was inspired by 'Good Books "Metamorphosis"' by Antfood and the title sequence for the tv show Marco Polo. I was really interested in the paper texture and ink plats videos. There is something very alluring and so I decided to use as foundation for each scene.